Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Most Magical Place on Earth!

As I mentioned in a previous post I was able to spend a week in Disney World right after Christmas.  These are pretty simple shots and mostly of buildings with nice bright colors and blue skies.  I could not stop taking pictures of the architecture.  Every building was unique and each part of the park had different kinds of architecture.  I had so much fun in Disney riding rides and seeing shows and even more fun taking pictures.

On a side note, the only lens I took with me was the Nikon 35mm 1.8.  It is a FANTASTIC lens.  Its small, light, and just worked perfectly for almost everything I asked of it at Disney.  I am going to write a review with more pictures from the 35mm 1.8 so expect that early next week!  All of these shots were with the 35mm 1.8 so let me know what you think in the comments.





There is nothing here for scale but this thing was huge and looked just like Sam's guitar I have hanging in my office!




These are the story boards from the movie Tangled.  It was really cool to see how the Disney movies are made!


This was the coolest show, in my opinion, at Disney.  This was a movie set they built to show you how car chase scenes are filmed.  Here the "Hero" car is jumping over the river to safety from the "bad guy" cars.  These were highly modified cars powered by 1300cc motorcycle engines and they used all 1300cc's to try and tear all the wheels off of these cars.  It was awesome! 


This was in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids section of the park.  Giant Play-doh and of course I had to take a picture of the Giant roll of Kodak film.  



This is one of my favorite pictures from the trip but not my most favorite, I am saving that one for a later post.  This picture is just really simple and not necessarily of an interesting subject.  But as you know I love bright color and buildings and this just isn't the kind of architecture we see here in Columbia.  




 


1 comment:

  1. Now Charlie.....I know you are lying....these are postcards that you scanned in aren't they? They are just MARVELOUS!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete