Thursday, November 4, 2010

I Will Never Understand How I Got So Lucky

Below is a picture from a recent trip to New York.  It's not just any picture.  It's a picture of pure exhaustion and overwhelming excitement at the same time.  It was my first trip to New York so I was excited.  But, I am not a morning person and this was taken at about 9:00 am.  Now I realize that 9:00 is not that early for most people.  However, it is really early when you flew out of Columbia, SC at 5:30 the same morning.  That means we had to wake up at 3:30 to get to the air-port and through security to catch the flight.  Being the genious that I am, I also elected not to go to bed the night before until some time after 12:30.  Too excited to sleep I guess.

Now, I'm telling you this story and posting this picture to tell you about the lady on the left.  Her name is Suzanne and she happens to be my wife.  I can not begin to explain why she thought it would be a good idea to marry me.  Whatever the reason, I know that I am a lucky man and I feel like this picture is a perfect example of her personality.  She had been working all week staying up late to pack and prepare for her cousins wedding (shout out to Glen and Sarah, congratulations, it was an amazing wedding and so much fun!) and then had to wake up super early to catch a flight.

As you can tell the traveling and late nights did not bother or slow Suzanne down for even a second.  It's one of the things I admire about her.  Her ability to stay so positive and cheerful through any situation.  No matter what you are doing or how your day is going she has an uncanny ability to make it brighter and more fun through her infectious personality.  I am so fortunate to have her in my life.  She has unselfishly and lovingly guided, followed, and, helped me through so many life altering decisions.  Its hard for me to imagine that anyone else could ever pour out so much love and put so much time into my life.  It humbles me to think about all she has done for me and for others.  I have a hard time expressing in words the gratitude and love I have for this woman.

I just wanted to take this opportunity to introduce my awesome wife to anyone who may read or come across this blog.  She is the greatest assistant I could ever ask for!  She helps with most of the shoots I do and contributes to the upkeep of this blog as some of you may have figured out.  I am so very grateful and blessed to spend the rest of my life with one of the greatest women I have ever met.  Suzanne, I love you very much and I can not wait for our next "once a quarter" trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment