Monday, November 8, 2010

I Gave You the Keys Right

Today's post is going to be short because I am on my way to play a softball game.  I haven't had time to write today because I have been super busy working on pictures I took of a wedding recently.  This is one of my all time favorite pictures.  I have it printed 20x30 over our couch in the living room.  It was under strange circumstances that I was able to get this shot.

I was taking pictures at Finlay Park here in Columbia.  After wrapping up the shoot I was walking up to my car, reached into my right pocket, and nothing was there.  I thought to myself how did I drop them, I'm stranded, am I going to die?  I feel like most everyone that has locked themselves out of their car has had that split second thought.  Completely irrational thoughts considering it's the middle of the day, I'm in the middle of downtown, and I have my cell phone.  Plus I lived at the time only a few miles away.  So worst case scenario I would have had to walk home.  I went to the drivers side window, looked in, and saw the keys hanging from the ignition.  Then it hit me, I never got them out while I was setting up my cameras and getting the right lenses out of my bag.

This was the first time that this had happened to me.  Notice I said had.  It in fact has happened multiple times now.  For whatever reason, when I pull up to take pictures somewhere I like to sit in the car and set the cameras up from the drivers seat.  Then when I'm ready I hop out hit the door lock and take off.  To only a split second after the door shuts realize that I didn't get the keys...again.  Now I keep a spare key in my wallet!  Let this be a lesson to all...mostly me!


This picture works for me because of its simplicity.  The green vs the blue, the sun back lighting the palm with a little fill flash.

No comments:

Post a Comment