Friday, November 5, 2010

Where's the Color

Fall is here, but it forgot to bring its colors.  At least to Columbia.  The mornings are cold, the air is crisp, but where are the colors?  Driving around you may spot one or two trees in someones yard with yellow or red leaves, but what about all the trees that have already dropped their leaves?  When did they change?  It could be that I am lacking in observation due to very little time spent outside recently.  However, I still stand by my argument that fall has come and not brought the gentle change from summer to winter.  It's supposed to mask the transition by disguising the fact that it's turning into winter and that all days will soon be cold and gray.  But here in Columbia, I feel like we jumped head first into winter without any colors to cushion the fall.

Below are pictures of fall things.  Colors and a scarecrow, this is what fall should look like.  These pictures are available in full resolution.  Just click on them and they will open in a new window, and feel free to use these as your computer backgrounds.  I have had the scarecrow on mine for the past couple of weeks.  I know Halloween is over but I'm pretty sure I have seen Thanksgiving scarecrows before.





No comments:

Post a Comment